When you need diet inspiration, where do you turn? Maybe you focus on friends and family members who have followed a healthy lifestyle. Or you might look online for healthy recipes and success stories. Then there are the smart dieters who turn to Instagram.
Instagram may seem like a surprising diet companion, but it isn’t. In fact, it’s a great platform when you want to hold yourself accountable and track the progress of your weight loss.
Read on to learn why Instagram is a great platform for dieting inspiration and five accounts you should follow to stay on track!
Why Instagram is a great platform for dieting inspiration
Instagram is free, visual, mobile, and personal. This means that you can use the platform, with appropriate hashtags, to build a community of support and inspiration for your weight loss efforts. You can post photos, stories, and more straight from your phone, making it easy to post and keep yourself accountable for your diet.
Instagram is also loaded with workout ideas, recipes, and other inspiration to increase your understanding of diet and health. And, because you can search the app using hashtags specific to your diet or what you’re looking for, it isn’t difficult to find a new meal or a quick circuit workout you can do when you’re in a pinch but don’t want to compromise.
In addition to diet and exercise, Instagram is a great source of general inspiration. Many of the fitness and health accounts you find will post motivational quotes and stories that will help you to develop a healthy mentality alongside your new, healthy body.
Read: 5 Weird Ways To Lose Weight Without Dieting >>
Five Instagram accounts you should follow right now to stay on track
There are Instagram accounts for recipes and meal ideas, motivation and inspiration, and even healthy, diet-friendly treats. Here are some of our favorites to help you get started:
- @nutritionstripped – this account is run by McKel Hill, MS, RDN, and she offers organic, plant-based recipes. Her blog expands on her recipes by offering health advice and tips for mindful eating.
- @thecrunchyradish – if you’re looking for a bit more variety, this account, run by Miranda Hammer, MS, RD, CDN, offers recipes for virtually every skill level. She specializes in making healthy eating sustainable, which is great if you’re looking for a long-term fix for your diet and exercise woes.
- @meowmeix – when you want to begin tracking macronutrients, this account, run by Amanda Meixner, is a great place to start. Her page is filled with full-day meal inspirations with macros so you can learn how to track and count yours!
- @shauna_harrison – Shauna Harrison, PhD, is a San Francisco-based fitness instructor who posts daily workout challenges. These challenges are varied and can involve anything from yoga to cardio, including weightlifting and bodyweight exercises (and everything in between). This offers variety, especially if you quickly get bored with your workouts.
- @chocolatecoveredkatie – Katie transforms traditional unhealthy desserts into healthy options, along with some of your favorite comfort foods!
See what inspiration you can find on Instagram
There’s inspiration everywhere on Instagram! Start checking out different accounts so you can find some that suit your journey to fitness!
Here’s even more: Healthy Eating Instagram Accounts You Need To Follow >>