3 Reasons You Need To Eat More Spinach
Today, superfoods have taken the spotlight. Everywhere you look, people are turning to the next big trend to determine what they should be eating. But what about some of the healthiest foods that some people overlook?
At PhenQ, we believe in promoting all healthy foods as the perfect complement to our fat-burning, energy-boosting comprehensive weight loss supplement. Read on to learn 3 reasons why you need to eat spinach every day!
1. It’s anti-inflammatory by nature and rich in antioxidants
Spinach contains chlorophyll and high levels of carotenoids such as beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Collectively, these phytochemicals are anti-inflammatory in nature, and can even help prevent cancer. The anti-inflammatory properties of spinach make it good for the heart, and it can help reduce the kind of inflammation that damages blood vessels.
Spinach is also rich in flavonoids, which are antioxidants that can boost immune function and also prevent cancer.
2. It’s high in several key nutrients
Spinach is rich in iron, fiber, and potassium. The high iron content gives you energy and the strength to weight train and otherwise support your new healthy lifestyle. The fiber keeps you feeling full and satisfied. The potassium content is good for your heart, reducing blood pressure and protecting against common conditions like hypertension.
The best part is that while spinach is high in all of these nutrients, it’s low in calories, containing just 23 calories per 100 grams. It also contains 3 grams of protein and 2 grams of protein per 100-gram serving, making it a healthy food that you can easily add to any meal.
3. It’s versatile
Aside from all of the health benefits, spinach is an incredibly versatile health food! Though not entirely flavorless, it easily adapts to virtually any dish and cooks down so as not to overpower your favorite meals.
Here are some simple ways to incorporate more spinach into your diet:
- Smoothies – if you regularly drink smoothies, adding spinach is a tasteless way to add nutrients. Add a handful whenever you can!
- Stir fries – if you stir fry protein with some other vegetables, adding spinach is tasteless. Because its water content is so high, you won’t even notice it.
- Soups – most soups contain vegetables and, whether it’s a lighter soup or one that’s more hearty, you can add spinach for a kick of fresh flavor!
- Omelettes – add spinach to your heart-healthy egg-white omelettes for some extra vegetables.
- Sauces – you can chop spinach roughly and add it to most sauces, including marinara and even pesto.
Eat spinach every day for better nutrition – and weight loss!
Spinach is a great way to bulk up meals with nutrients without bulking up the calories! Combined with a comprehensive weight loss supplement like PhenQ, spinach is a simple way to get the nutrients you need, reduce the number of calories you consume, and support your weight loss goals!
How will you incorporate more spinach into your diet? Share your thoughts in the comments below!