What Are Good Diet Pills? And How do They Work?
- What is a good diet pill?
- What ingredients do good diet pills contain?
- Why PhenQ is a good diet pill?
We all dream of finding good diet pills that work. Pills that are more than pretty words and false claims, but that will effectively support our weight loss and help us to shift those excess pounds.
Yet, what goes into the making of good diet pills? What makes one good and another bad? In this article we shall explore good diet pills that work and the ingredients they use to make it happen.
This is the all-important question, and the one you MUST ask yourself if you’re serious about adding a weight loss supplement to your diet.
After all, it isn’t exactly hard to find weight loss supplements if you look for them broadly. Hell, there are thousands upon thousands on the web that you can find with a simple search.
However, if you want one that is real, authentic and genuine – well… that is when things get more difficult because it means you have to filter out all the fake scams from the real deals.
So how do you do this? How do you guarantee that you are getting good diet pills for belly fat loss? More importantly, how can you recognise what are good diet pills?
Step One: Ingredients
The power of any good diet pill rests in its ingredients. It is this formulation that spurs your body into action, and encourages the elevation of fat burn, energy levels, appetite suppression and metabolism.
For this reason, you should only ever trust a pill if they can provide you with a detailed list of all of their ingredients and how they can support weight loss. If all ingredients are absent from their website, then run the other way.
Now, there are tonnes of herbs, plants, vitamins and minerals that can assist with your weight loss – and in various ways. Yet good diet pills for fast weight loss tend to contain some, if not all, of the following ingredients:
- Garcinia Cambogia
– rich in hydroxycitric acid (HCA) a nutrient found in the skin of the fruit; HCA is believed to inhibit the creation of fat producing enzymes, whilst boosting serotonin levels. This combined effect can decrease your appetite and curb unwanted cravings. In a 2011 review, when they examined 12 studies it was found that this fruit could cause weight losses of 2lbs in 2-3 weeks.
– a natural plant fiber, when it is ingested by your body it absorbs water and forms a gel like substance in your gut. The presence of this gel makes you feel fuller for longer, helping you to consume fewer calories and generally eat less. During 3 studies, when taken as part of a healthy diet, it helped participants to lose 8-10lbs (in 5 weeks).
- Green Tea Extract
– a well-known energy booster and fat burner, 1-2 cups of green tea a day can help to elevate your metabolism and improve your physical performance. This is thanks to the catechins and EGCG (antioxidants) it contains which help to speed up recovery (after workouts) and increase fat burn (as it enhances norepinephrine activity which is believed to help shed body fat). TIP: drink 1 hour before you work out to help maximize fat burn. Alternatively, you can take it as part of a supplement.
– possibly one of the most popularly used ingredients in diet pills; caffeine contains fat metabolism properties that have been found to raise your metabolism by 3-11%. At the same time it has been linked to increased fat burn of 29%.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
– a type of polyunsaturated fat, CLA can help to decrease appetite; raise your metabolism; encourage body fat breakdown, and increase your strength. A report published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry noted how CLA can raise energy metabolism, whilst another study found that when participants were given 3-4g of CLA a day for 24 weeks, they saw a drop in body fat mass.
Similarly, in a separate review (which compared 18 different studies), researchers noted how CLA helped participants to lose 0.2lbs every week during a 6 month period.
– still relatively new to the market, this plant extract contains cAMP a compound that is reputed to enhance fat burn and weight loss.
Green coffee bean extract – this extract is able to support weight loss thanks to two substances: caffeine (increased fat burn) and chlorogenic acid (slows down the breakdown of carbs in your gut). During a review of three studies, it helped participants to lose 5.4lbs more than those on the placebo.
It has also been linked to improved blood sugar levels and lower blood pressure (due to its high antioxidant count).
Step Two: Ingredient dosages
Even the best ingredients are only as effective as their dosage size. For instance, put in too little and it won’t trigger the results that it claims it can do. Similarly, use a poor quality version of the ingredient (where it has been tainted by other factors during preparation) and this too will affect the results of the ingredients.
For this reason, you should only use good diet pills that can offer optimal levels of each of their ingredients, so that you can optimize their benefits and witness greater results within your weight loss plan.
Step Three: Type of diet pill
No diet pill is the same. And whilst some might try to cover every angle of your dietary plan; the reality is most will simply concentrate on supporting one element.
Here are some of the most common dietary pill types that you’ll encounter:
- Appetite suppressants
– these usually work in one of two ways. Most aim to curb your appetite and cravings by slowing down digestion and making you feel fuller for longer. When you feel full, you are likely to eat fewer calories (take a look at glucomannan – listed above – for a better idea of one of the many ways pills can suppress your appetite). Others try to control your calorie intake by reducing your cravings for carbs and sugar. Again, this encourages you to eat less and ultimately lose weight.
- Metabolism boosters
– as their title suggests, their goal is to ramp up your metabolic rate and increase calorie burn. A higher metabolism will improve fat burn and the delivery of ‘energy’ to your muscles, tissues and organs. With renewed energy, you will be able to workout harder and burn more calories.
- Fat Burners
– most fat burners seek to improve thermogenesis (raising your internal body temp) to help increase fat and calorie burn. As they do this, this helps you to burn more stored body fat (as the fatty acid molecules in your fat cells are released and converted into energy – giving fuel to your muscle and tissues), as well as boosts fat metabolism (energy expenditure); reduces fat absorption, and bolsters fat oxidation.
- Performance enhancers
– these typically seek to increase your energy levels, so that you have got the stamina to workout harder and for longer during exercise. And the more you exercise, the more calories you will burn – super!
As you can see, there is more than one type of diet pill. So the question you need to ask yourself is – which will offer you the best support?
For instance, if you suffer from thyroid issues and a slow metabolism, then a metabolism booster will give your metabolic rate a much needed jumpstart. Similarly, if you struggle to control portion sizes, then you’d benefit more from an appetite suppressor, as this would help to curb unwanted cravings.
Basically you need to sit down and assess your needs. Only by recognising where you need the most support, can you then pick a diet pill that is right for you.
Step Four: Clinical Studies
Clinical studies – either on the ingredients themselves or on the product – are often a testament to how reliable a diet pill is. You could say, they are proof that all of the claims they make are real, especially if they give you easy access to studies and trials on their website.
The only recommendation we have, is to not just take their word for it, but to actually look at the results of these clinical trials yourself. Do the facts and figures add up?
Don’t be afraid to investigate, as studies on the pill itself will tell you once and for all – what are some good diet pills? And which simply like to play with words, and have no evidence to support the quality of their ingredients (and in turn their product).
We’ve covered some of the more common ingredients you’ll find in diet pills. But what about the ones from good diet pills that work? Pills that have actually proven themselves to be effective at supporting your weight loss – what ingredients do they contain?
Popular fat burner PhenQ for example contains α-Lacy Reset, capsimax powder, nopal, caffeine, chromium picolinate and l-carnitine fumarate – all of which have been tried, tested and proven to help you lose weight.
- α-LACYS RESET
– designed to boost your metabolism (increasing calorie burn) and stimulate thermogenesis; this encourages energy to be sourced from the fat cells in your body (fatty acid molecules) to help fuel your muscles and tissues.
At the same time, by depleting these fat cells (NOTE: once empty they are useless and are reabsorbed into the body, NOT replaced), this will increase fat burn and weight loss, as eventually your body will be forced to extract energy directly from the foods you eat.
During numerous studies, it has been found to help users to lose 7.24% of their body fat; 3.44% of their body weight and increase their muscle mass by 3.8%.
- Capsimax powder
– formulated from capsicum, piperine, caffeine and niacin (Vitamin B3); combined they can boost fat burn. The combination of capsicum and piperine in particular is believed to elevate thermogenesis and speed up fat burn. Whilst, piperine has also been linked to the prevention of new fat cells, as it stops them from forming.
- Chromium picolinate
– a natural mineral, chromium picolinate is reputed to curb sugar and carb cravings by controlling your blood sugar levels e.g. it encourages your cells to take in as much sugar as possible, so that your body will stop craving sugar and carbs. In doing so, it helps to lower your appetite and calorie consumption.
– like we mentioned earlier, this stimulant can stimulate thermogenesis and boost fat burn by up to 29%, whilst elevating your metabolism by 3-11%. In addition, it can lower your appetite, and can improve your focus and physical performance, enabling you to workout harder and for longer.
– high in fiber, nopal can offer you greater control over your appetite and cravings, whilst also helping to increase your energy levels (thanks to its high quantity of amino acids); reduce water retention, and raise calorie burn.
- L-carnitine fumarate
– a natural amino acid, l-carnitine fumarate can reputedly turn fat stores into energy (allowing you to burn more fat) and eliminate fatigue.
There is no denying that as good diet pills go, PhenQ ticks many boxes:
- It contains a series of natural, yet potent ingredients that have all been studied and clinically tested to prove the validity of their claims – making it a good and trustworthy diet pill, as you know EXACTLY what to expect.
- It gives reference to all of its studies (on the bottom of the home page) meaning you can read for yourself EXACTLY what each of its key ingredients can do. In fact, you can easily look up these studies outside of their website.
- It uses all of its ingredients at optimal dosages to ensure users experience ultimate support, as well as maximum weight loss results.
- PhenQ tackles weight loss in a number of ways – taken alongside a good diet and regular exercise, its helps to support your internal processes and make them better. For instance, whilst it is described as a fat burner, it can also suppress your appetite, kickstart your metabolism and elevate your energy levels; making it a great assistive tool as it covers all the bases. In fact, PhenQ gives all of these areas a much needed push in the right direction.
- No side effects – thanks to its natural formulation, as long as you keep to PhenQ’s recommended dosages you can take this supplement 100% confident that it is free from any negative side effects.
So do good diet pills exist? Yes they do, as long as you are:
- Realistic and accept that diet pills are purely assistive tools that should always be paired with a good diet and exercise
- Know what to look out for e.g. ingredients, clinical trials, pill type, how they work and your own dietary needs.
Understand these, and you will be one step closer to achieving your weight loss goals.
For more information about how this diet pill works, visit the PhenQ homepage.